Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Wordy Wednesday: Who or Whom? Which should I use?

A friend emailed me a link to this lovely comic (or creative infographic) from theoatmeal.com called "How and Why to Use Whom in a Sentence."


 It's funny. It's educational. What more can anyone (any grammar fanatic) ask for? And everyone has questions about "who" and "whom." As the illustrations show, an easy why to check if you use "who" or "whom" is to see if "he" or "him" fit better in the sentence.

"Who" goes with "he," and "whom" goes with "him." How to remember that? "Whom" and "him" both have "m's" at the end.

I'd like to create some of my own visual illustrations of common grammar or writing questions. I'm definitely not as creative as theoatmeal.com, but give me some ideas. LET ME KNOW WHAT QUESTIONS YOU HAVE AND I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN COME UP WITH. SERIOUSLY.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin