Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, August 29, 2013

What Special Day is Today?

You might notice that almost every single day of the year has a special "holiday" associated with it. In fact, I've already recently posted about the 2013 National Dance Day and Left-Handers' Day.

I'm intrigued about the whole concept. Actually, I kinda think it's silly. But I do appreciate the writer's prompt such days inspire.

I turned to the all-knowing power that is Google to find some interesting days coming up in the future.

Seriously folks, this stuff is crazy. Not only does each day have about 8 "holidays" associated with it, but there are like 30 themes for each MONTH, and a couple other options for each WEEK.

Did you know, for example, that today is More Herbs, Less Salt day? Or that August is Admit You're Happy month? (Other options are National Picnic Month, Romance Awareness Month, or Peach Month.)

OR that this week (the fourth week) is Be Kind to Humankind week?

As silly as it seems, there are some themes coming up that I'll be excited to share with you—perhaps only because of the idea it inspires for a post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin