Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Look Into My Zumba Kids Class

One of the perks of teaching a kid's class is that, well, this kids LOVE you. They see me in the halls and run up and hug my legs. They talk my ear off if I give them a chance. They ALL insist on hugging me when we play Red Light, Green Light (Zumba style of course)….even if they are the 20th kid to reach me. **And to be clear, touching me in any way is not a requirement of the game.**

And this week, they drew me pictures and brought them to class—"I'm sorry" pictures to be exact. 

I mainly teach the 4-7 year olds, so these kids are young. Sometimes they are hard to handle. Sometimes they won't listen. Sometimes they won't dance. Sometimes they hid from you in the corners of the room. Sometimes they do exactly what you ask them not to do…time and time again. Sometimes half the class acts this way. (Little kids can be quite strategic in splitting your attention.)

The Zumba Kids program is taking off at the Provo Recreation Center, so we've recently brought on some more instructors to help manage the chaos fun. The instructor who was helping me this week is also the mother of two girls who are new to the class and weren't exactly the best behaved children that day. :P But the next class I got their "I'm sorry" pictures, and they behaved much better.

I was actually very impressed with the very detailed and accurate drawing of one of our classes. Especially since they had only come to class once and had only BEEN in that room once. They definitely remembered a lot.

** Speaking of kids remembering a lot, I think it's awesome when I have music playing before class and they all start doing the choreography to a dance we've learned.



1 comment:

  1. So cute. You are a mom to millions. I wish I could come to your zumba kids. I beat it is a blast!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin