Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Exercise Gives You Endorphins

New plan for today. I'm postponing the post I originally planned and just sharing some thoughts.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my long days, i.e. I teach 3 or 4 classes on those days. But they are the days that leave me the most motivated and ecstatic about life. I guess the idea that endorphins make you happy is truly accurate.

One of the things I love about my decision to leave my full-time job is that, in doing so, I opened up my schedule for opportunities to teach (and attend) fitness classes in the mornings and afternoons. So my schedule on a Thursday, for example, is to wake up, get some things done, (9:30am) teach a class, change clothes, work on business stuff, (12 pm) teach a class, eat lunch, take a personal break, work on business stuff, (6 pm) teach a class, eat a quick dinner, (8 pm) teach a class, come home and bask in the wonderfulness that was my day and rest my tired body.

Today I attended a new class (Piyo) after I was personally done teaching for the day, and I loved it. As a fitness instructor, it's so nice to take a break from teaching and take a class as a student! I've been attending multiple yoga classes the last couple weeks and am trying to work some strength classes into the mix. Attending classes as a student is a great break from the preparing for a class, being the first and last one there, being "on" the entire time, being concerned about remember what comes next, and focusing on how the participants are doing.

Taking a break and attending classes is so refreshing. It's amazing. I could seriously hang out at the gym all day, just hanging with my gym friends and enjoying the amazing talent of each of the instructors.

And now I really want this shirt.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your experience about gym. Fitness Matthews is happy to hear your experiences and hopefully I'm pleased and would like to know from you. Ha, your desired T-shirt looks sound attractive. So thanks dude :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin