Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, August 12, 2013

Motivation Monday: Organization Is About Improving Your Overall Quality of Life

Happy Monday! Over the weekend, I had the chance to get caught up on some households chores and get my place spic and span.

I hope I'm not the only one who can just sit and look around a newly clean room and love it. Or to wake up in the morning and walk into a clean room and get a smile on your face. Because yea, I do that.

I'm not the most organized person in the word. Go ahead, scoff. I'm actually not a naturally organized person at all. But I'm working on it.

I'm working on it this week, in fact. Hence my Motivation Monday quote:

"Organization isn't about perfection. It's about efficiency, reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money, and improving your overall quality of life."

This quote is from Christina Scalise, a professional organizer and author of the book "Organize Your Life and More: Save Time and Money, Reduce Stress, Remove Clutter."

I haven't read the book but have added it to my "To Read" list. But this week I'm planning to focus on organizing my life. My finances have completely changed recently, and I definitely need to organize how I manage my income flow. I need to better organize my calendar. I'd like to create a schedule for my household chores and regular errands. Sounds exciting, right? I love this kind of stuff but find that I usually procrastinate it and just wing things as I get by.

So this week's focus: organization. Why? To live a more efficient life. To embrace simplicity. To rid my life of clutter (physical, emotional, time-wasting activities). And to live an awesome, quality-full life!

Let me know how YOU organize your life. I'm definitely open to suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin