Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Get Paid For Working Out: GymPact App

A fellow Zumba instructor raved enough about this app that I had to try it myself. Let me introduce you to GymPact. P.S. This is not a referral code (for me at least), but enter "gympact$5" when you sign up to start with $5 of earnings.

This app allows you to make a "pact" for how many days you commit to work out each week and how much money you are putting on stake for each day missed.

I make a pact to work out 6 days a week and have a $5 stake. ($5 is the lowest option. You could bet $50 if you like.)

If you meet your pact, you get paid. If you don't meet your pact, the app charges the credit card you have on file. Keep in mind that you get paid the same amount, regardless of your stake.

For most users, the benefit of the app is psychological. If money is on the line, you are probably more likely to follow through on your commitment to workout.

For me, the benefit is a little bit of extra cash. Don't get me wrong, the benefits are small. I get paid about $3 a week for my 6 workouts. But I'm going to the gym pretty much every day anyways. So that $12 a month might become my music fund or something.

How Does It Work?

The app uses your phone or tablet's GPS to detect your location within a gym facility. You check in and check out through the app.

If you like to run or walk outside, you can connect the GymPact app to the RunKeeper app and use GPS to verify your distance and speed (i.e. you have to be moving). Or you can track your steps all day with the app Jawbone UP and count that. If you have an iPhone, you can also track movement around the house.

The one requirement, you check in for 30 minutes.

The app keeps track of your workouts and lets you track what you did each day. (I usually choose the closest option because I'm lazy). After the week has ended, they'll email you after a couple days to tell you how much you earned.

How Do You Get Paid?

You have to have at least $10 in your account to withdraw. This is done through your Paypal account. They say you have to wait up to seven days to see those funds, but mine were successfully available within 2 hours.

Not too shabby.

Remember enter "gympact$5" when you sign up to start with $5 of earnings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin