Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, August 5, 2013

Motivation Monday: Give Me Love, Hope, Light, Strength, & Faith

Today's Motivation Monday is inspired by two factors.
  1. I've been in country music mood lately. 
  2. I kinda had a bad day Saturday. Sure it could have been a lot worse, but it started with the pop-out-of-bed, "Oh crap, I'm REALLY late; this can't actually be happening" feeling, and I never recovered. 
Give me love when I ain't got nobody,
A little hope when I ain't got none at all
Give me light up ahead on a journey
Give me strength when I'm standing
And faith when I fall
—Kip Moore, Faith When I Fall 

If you don't recognize these words, they make up the chorus to Kip Moore's song "Faith When I Fall." I've owned the album for a while but Saturday was the first time I actually listened (or remember listening) to this song. 

These words helped me remember that sometimes I'm going to make mistakes. That's guaranteed. Sometimes I'm going to feel low (HOPE), sometimes I'm going to feel alone (LOVE), sometimes I'm not going to know what's right ahead of me (LIGHT), sometimes I'm going fall (FAITH), and something the only thing I can do is keep going (STRENGTH). All of these things are guaranteed.

When I was driving around Saturday wanting to find some mellow listening music (my favorite), this song came on. As much as I wanted to wallow in my self-disappointment (obviously I don't handle making mistakes well...), I had to remember that life is made up of little moments that require us to be vulnerable. If things never went wrong, if we never fell, or if we never needed a little extra strength, we'd never improve. We'd never learn from our past and prepare better for the future. And sometimes things are just a little out of our control. We can try to do everything right, but sometimes things just happen. We can't punish ourselves when things go wrong. All we can do is ask for strength and move on.

So, this all doesn't sound to motivating does it? Well, for me, the motivating factor is to REMEMBER that I have all of these things and I can pray or ask friends and family for whatever I need when I'm in need. And we can always seek to have more love, hope, faith, strength, and faith in our lives. Those are the things that help us push through and not quit when times seem tough. (stolen from lyrics :P) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin