Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What Would Be Your Super Power?

Someone asked me last week what super power I would choose to have. And asked for no lazy answers. (I assumed that to mean no flying, invisibility, or teleporting. Although all of those would be awesome.)

I thought about this for a couple days. My two initial thoughts were these:

1. The ability to remember anything I see or hear. (Like a photographic memory but oh so much better!) (I just realized this would make conquering choreography so much easier.)

2. The ability to move things with my mind. Specifically chore-related things. So I could sit on my couch and thiiink about doing the dishes or putting away laundry and—walaa—those dreadful chores get done.

But finally the most appropriate choice came to me. This choice needs a little explanation. Let me try to begin.

First, the process associated with working out doesn't make sense to me: When we work out, our bodies sweat. We become wet and smelly. As a result, we have to shower to clean ourselves and then go through the process of getting ready again. (Yes, this is way more complicated for girls.)

Now, our bodies need physical exercise. Exercise is good for us physically, mentally, emotional, and more. But this good thing leads to a "bad" outcome: wet and smelly people.

My thought is to reverse this process. I believe working out, and sweating, should be the actual process that cleanses us. Not only would we have additional incentive to work out, but it would cut out the step of showering. If you are feeling particularly unclean one day, maybe you workout a little longer or attempt a more difficult routine. Plus, after my workouts, my endorphins are high and I want to be more adventurous, spend time with people, and more fully embrace life. But I'm often stopped by my unappealing appearance and need to take time out to shower and refresh. By the time I'm done, I'm tired and am more likely to just hang out at home.

But imagine if your workout actually left you clean, refreshed, and full of the same endorphins. Check a successful workout off your to-do list and immediately proceed to spending time doing productive activities, not showering and getting ready.

So that would be my super power: Sweating yourself clean.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome superpower and your explanation made me wonder - why doesn't it work like that - that would be genius! I vote for your super power. I know I'd work out more.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin