Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

This One Time...We Had a Garage Sale in The Rain



This one time my sister Susie and I decided to have a garage sale. This was in the middle of May when I had just moved, and she was about to move. We both had quite a few things to get rid of and decided that the work of a garage sale was worth it...plus we thought we'd have fun! (Yea, we are kinda crazy like that. 

Well the morning of the planned garage sale (I guess technically it would be a yard sale) turned out to be quite cloudy—with what looked like very high chances of rain. 

We decided to go ahead with our plan anyway. 

I had printed tons of signs with cute phrases like "A gal's dream yard sale" or "Scrapbooking supplies galore" or "Come one, come all" and, uh, "Yard Sale." 

I taught a Zumba class that morning at 8 am, so Susie and I met up early to get everything ready and hang up the signs, and I took off while Susie held down the fort. Our set up quite literally turned out to be a fort. 

The rain definitely came. And it was quite a chilly day. 

All of our stuff ended up huddled together under a large tarp. 

We didn't sell MUCH that day. But I had fun. And I'd probably do it again...and hope for better weather. 

The "This One Time" series is a new thing I'm doing to share some random stories and experiences from my life. One of my projects this past week has been to go through and organize a lot of old pictures and documents. That project inspired this series. 

1 comment:

  1. lol. That is so funny and I totally would not have stopped at that garage sale under a tarp in the rain but it is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin