Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, September 9, 2013

Motivation Monday: You Will Achieve Grand Dreams a Day at a Time

Sometimes it's easy to be overwhelmed. Sometimes the pure magnitude of things I need to do seem so daunting that I'll just lay in bed pressing snooze as I think about everything I'm putting off and my deadlines inching closer. And closer. And closer.

Granted, I think everyone experiences some level of this at some time. But I know the importance goals play in helping me prioritize and enabling me to jump out of bed excited about the prospects of the day and all that I can—and will—accomplish.

Today's Motivation Monday quote is by the same person as last week's. (Did I mention that I'm in awe of this Og Mandino.) And it reminds me of an earlier post about goals.

Anyways:
"You will achieve grand dreams a day at a time. So set goals for each day. Not long & difficult projects, but chores that will take you step by step toward your rainbow. Write them down, if you must, but limit your list so that you won't have to drag today's undone matters into tomorrow. Remember that you cannot build your pyramid in 24 hours. Be patient. Never allow your day to become so cluttered that you neglect your most important goal to do the best you can. Enjoy this day and rest satisfied with what you have accomplished."
—Og Mandino
I stuck with the same design idea as last week, but I mixed in some different colors and a second font. 

This quote is long. And there are multiple parts that are so great alone. I probably could have split this into six or seven different Motivation Mondays, but you get the treat and power of having this presented all as one. But I'll split my thoughts for ya too.

1. Grand dreams come one day at a time. 
Don't be overwhelmed or discouraged from dreaming grand dreams. They are possible. And they are worth the wait and the work. What you do each and every day will get you there, so remember those goals every day. Go get 'em.

2. Set small step-by-step goals to help you accomplish big projects.
It's ok to break things up into little tasks. Baby steps. It's all about baby steps. There is no need to try to everything all at once. Take something you can do and do that. Now! Then you can focus on something else. You can do it.

3. Limit your list of goals for each day. But write them down.
I love me a good to-do list. But I also love the reminder to not overwhelm myself. Don't take it too easy, sure, but only give myself approachable challenges that I can actually accomplish that day. Award yourself with a sense of accomplishment.

4. Nothing amazing happens in 24 hours. Be patient.
Ah, yes, the patience advice. Keep trekking along. Keep the faith. Focus on the little goals and accomplishments you reach every day, week, and month.

5. Never allow clutter to distract you from your most important goal.
Distractions can be the worst. But having a goal can help you stay on track and better prioritize your time.

6. Do the best you can.
And accept your honest efforts as your best. Remember there are ups and downs, but always strive for your best.

7. Rest satisfied with what you have accomplished. 
Look back at No. 3. Make an honest effort and when you have reached your goals for the day, ACCEPT THAT. Maybe take a break. Oh, and have some fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin