Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, September 30, 2013

Motivation Monday: Make Extraordinary Decisions—Decisions You Are Proud to Make

"Don't just let life happen. Make extraordinary decisions. Decisions that lead to living a life you are proud to live." 

Decisions, decisions, decisions. They occupy almost every moment of our lives. They can be big and small. They can be simple and complicated. They can be quick and drawn out. No matter the type of decision, you will inevitably face it in your life.

I'm not always a great decision maker. Sometimes I'm afraid of making the wrong choice. Sometimes I don't want the pressure of knowing an outcome is directly related to a decision I make. Sometimes I really don't care. Sometimes I'm downright lazy.

There are, however, several big decisions I've made that I find myself feeling super proud about making.

A recent one is the decision to move into an apartment by myself.

The other day I was simply washing my dishes and mentally calendaring other household chores I needed to do.

Then I stopped.

And I thought "I am so proud that I decided to live by myself."

This might not seem like a big deal to some. But I love it. I've talked half heartedly about doing it for a while. I'm just the type of person who really enjoys having a whole place to myself and not walking over a roommate all the time. Nothing against the roommate (although I've had a couple, let's say, interesting ones), but there's something about it.

Right then,  I thought, "THAT's how I want to live my life."

I want to more actively DECIDE things in my life rather than waiting for things to happen or accepting the ways things fall. I want to take some risks that lead to more satisfaction in the outcome. I want to actively move forward on dreams and goals. I want every decision to contribute to my living a life I'm proud to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin