Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Study Tools for AFAA (Flashcards, Quizzes, and More)

I have been a study machine this past week. Today I want to share some of the tools and programs I've used to help me prepare.

1. AFAA Study Guide
You get this free when you sign up for the test. My study and learning style benefits from going through the process of reading the material and looking up the answers to the guide and further studying things I don't understand. HOWEVER, all of the answers to the study guides are everywhere online, so if that sort of thing doesn't help you, feel free to skip it.

2. StudyBlue
This resource allows you to make virtual flashcards that you access via your account on either or both the website or app. (So no matter where you are in your studying, your account will track it.) The great thing about StudyBlue is that it's social, which is a great bonus if you are an actual student. So you can create your own cards or search for cards made by other people. You then select the cards you'd like to use and add them to your virtual backpack. StudyBlue allows you to study via a review sheet (like a filled in study guide), or select 20 cards at a time to study until you know them, or select the whole deck. It's been really useful.

3. FreezingBlue
Hey, what's the deal with the "blue" trend? This is another card review program I've used. It's less professional than StudyBlue, but I randomly found a set of cards I really liked and ended up using a lot. Thank you author elisberg.

4. Online Practice Tests
AFAA does sell a practice test for like $20, but I did not purchase it. I searched online forever for some practice questions just so I could get an idea of the test verbage and format. Lucky for me, a fellow instructor referred me to quia.com. That link shows about five practice tests which, I've been told, match the format of the practice test questions. There are also little quizzes for each chapter review as well.

Also check out my post "What I'm expecting for my AFAA Certification."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin