Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, July 22, 2013

Motivation Monday: Find Something You are Passionate About And Keep Tremendously Interested In It

I mentioned yesterday that I started browsing the site QuotesonDesign.com. When this one by Julia Childs came up, I instantly loved it. 


"Find something you are passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."

There are several reasons why I love this saying.

1. I believe that your passion is what you find yourself doing in your free time, what you enjoy talking and learning about, and what excites and motivates you. To protect your claim of passion for any subject or field, you must immerse yourself in it and recognize that the realms of learning are endless. When you are passionate, you are always remain a student (Even while you may take on a teaching role). There is always something more to learn and a different perspective to hear.

2. Great leaders are in every field, and they don't have to be from YOUR field for you to learn from them. Julia Child was a chef, author, and television personality, but I still learn from her as a writer, editor, and designer.

3. Over the years, there have been some things I've really loved doing and considered pursuing more of. Some of those interests have faded. Some have stayed. Those that stay are always worth pursuing.

Today, I'm meeting with someone about an opportunity that represents one of my interests that has stayed. And one I believe will continue to stay for years to come. I don't know how today will go, but I am excited to see what happens. This is one of those smalls things that I could see leading to other things in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin