Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

My Last Zumba Class in Lindon


Yesterday was my last day teaching at the Lindon Community Center.

Gathering my fans I've stored at the Lindon Center.
Since I no longer live or work very close to that location, I had decided that I would let my classes there go as I transitioned to teaching more at the Provo Recreation Center, which happens to be less than 2 minutes from my home. I had already cut down to one class a week at Lindon and said goodbye to my Thursday class there a few months ago. We brought on another instructor for that class, and I hoped I could "pass on" the program to her and still offer a couple classes for those students to attend. She lives close to the location and knows lots of people around there, so it seemed like a great fit.

My trunk is a Zumba storage space.
A few weeks ago, I told Lindon I had to move on but that I'd stay around until they worked out something else. Why? I didn't want to pull the rug out from under the regular students.

Well, things weren't working and the people at Lindon didn't feel that they had a reliable situation with everything else. So with me leaving, they are canceling the Zumba program there.

I'm sad to see this program go completely. Lindon Community Center is the first place that hired me to teach classes. The program has had its ups and downs, but it's been super fun there. I've worked with two coordinators at the facility and received some kind words as we coordinated closing the program.
Thanks so much for teaching here. I know that we don’t have a packed house by all means, but I have really appreciated your consistency. You’ve never hung me out to dry! You are by far the most loyal, professional, and personable fitness instructor I’ve been able to work with since I started here. Thanks again for all of your efforts!
I really appreciate her words. And dangit, I am loyal, professional, and personable—and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin