Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, July 8, 2013

Motivation Monday: Make a Wish, Take a Chance, Make a Change

Happy Monday everyone! I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. (Who used both Thursday and Friday as vacation for the Fourth of July?)

One of the main things I did to celebrate was attending the Stadium of Fire put on by America's Freedom Festival at Provo. This year we welcomed Kelly Clarkson, Carly Rae Jepson, and Cirque Du Soleil, and it was a great show. This was the first time I've gone to the event as a pure attendee. (I once worked as an usher the year Lonestar came, and in 2008 I had press passes for the show with Lee Ann Womack, Taylor Hicks (American Idol) and Raven Symone (That's So Raven). Oh hey, you can still see my article here. Or my post about how editors sometimes much slight changes you don't agree with

I was definitely impressed by the show. Cirque du Soleil was amazing and did some awesome stunts and Carly Rae definitely impressed me with her performance and ability to engage the crowd. And Kelly rocked the stage as she dance around barefoot and sang her heart out, pleasing the crowd with most of her hits and recent singles.


Today's Motivation Monday quote comes from Kelly Clarkson's song "Breakaway" — "Make a wish, take a chance, make a change." The reason I love the chorus of this song is that I think the lyrics can apply to many a situation, whether it's a relationship, a goal, a personal trait you'd like to change, your career or many others. So take a minute to think about what you wish for yourself (and others) and take the chance. Make the change. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin