Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Friday, July 12, 2013

Happy Friday!

Friday is notorious for being the most popular day of the week. Come on, the world loves Fridays so much that the day had it's own tv programming slot and inspired a popular restaurant. And as Ryan O'Connell stated, we even "crafted pop songs around it ("Friday I'm in Love" and that one other song by that girl. What's her name again?)"

What is the most popular reason the world loves Friday? Because it's the start of the weekend. In fact maybe you've heard someone say something like "Today is my Friday"before they take a couple days off or head out on a long vacation.

But what's interesting to me is that even though I'm not working full-time or in school, I still love Fridays. My days could easily blend together, and there's not much distinction between my Tuesday and Saturday.

But Fridays still rock. I just don't know why.

Out of curiosity, I turned to the internets to find out what people most love Fridays. Aside from the expected reasons (no work or school/time to celebrate), here are just a few reasons I noticed.

A popular payday
The gym is less crowded
Traditions (grocery shopping, watching movie with popcorn, going out to eat)
Friday night football

Anyways, I thought about why I love today's Friday.

I've made progress on my goals
I DO actually have a break from teaching classes
I'm excited about things in the works
There are more things to do around town
Question: Why do you love Fridays?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin