Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Monday, July 15, 2013

Motivation Monday: Dream Beautiful Dreams

I'm a fan of the word "dream." (You may have noticed.) It's a word that inspires hope and faith for better things to come. It's a word that encourages me to reach, jump, and leap for things currently out of my reach. It's a word that brings me happiness for where I am in my life and where I know I can someday be. It's a word that motivates me to work.

The word nerd in me looks to the definition:

  • a visionary creation of the imagination
  • something notable for its beauty, excellence, or enjoyable quality
  • a strongly desired goal or purpose
  • something that fully satisfies a wish
I think a lot about my dreams. Doing so actually puts a smile on my face. Having big dreams gives me confidence in who I am and what I'm capable of. I love living with a mindset that inspires me to dream—that is probably when I am the happiest. 

Starting my own business has been a dream of mine for a long time. I've mentioned it from time to time on my blog in the past. The last I could remember was when I started teaching Zumba and mention both Annesali Communications (the business I'm starting now) and HS2College (still not in the works).

I also wrote a post in 2009 called "It Never Gets Easier Than Now" about lessons I learned from the book "Secrets of the Millionaire Mind." I shared this excerpt: 
Starting your own business"For those that want to, there’s nothing like learning by doing–and if you fail, what’s the worst that can happen at our age? You don’t lose your house or wife and kids. You go and…get a regular job. You can always go to the corporate world. Going the entrepreneurial route gets harder and harder." 
My business is just one of my many dreams. But I'm excited to WORK on this now. Today I share a quote from Spencer W. Kimball: "Dream beautiful dreams and then work to make those dreams come true."

So continue dreaming. Don't settle for the standard quo. Embrace what seems to be the impossible...anything IS possible. And work, work, work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin