Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Feel the Moment; Enjoy the Walk

I've had two excellent mornings this week. Mornings where I'm not rushed but am leisurely productively, enjoying the world around me, and just feeling the moment (cue "Feel the Moment" playing in my head).

I have just a few minutes to spare before the yoga class I'm attending at 10 a.m. begins. I no longer teach on Saturday mornings (added classes during the week and the Provo Rec's schedule needed more of a variety of classes instead of three Zumba classes back to back), so I was planning to attend a sculpt class at 8 a.m. as well.

HOWEVER, my sleeping schedule has been a bit off so after falling asleep after 2:30 a.m. and waking again at 6 a.m., I tried to get a little more sleep and ended up not getting out of bed until just before 8 a.m. I didn't want to rush over there and interrupt the class getting my weights and everything set up. That sort of thing stresses me out.

So I took my time. Got out of bed. Brushed my teeth...and my hair. (Be impressed on the hair :P) I thought about doing weights at home but decided a walk would be better. Better yet, why don't I make a breakfast smoothie and drink it as I walk to the Rec Center? (I'm a two minute drive away, so it's really close.)

That's exactly what I did, and I loved every minute of it. I toted along my laptop so I could type this and get a little work done before or after class.

The sun was shining, but the air was not hot.

The world was up and moving, but the crowds had not yet emerged.

I was awake and alert, but my to-do list for the day had not yet taken over my thoughts.

I simply walked and enjoyed sipping my smoothie along the way.

The experience was absolutely splendid.

Earlier this week, I did a similar thing after I woke at 6:30 and just had to be outside. Cue morning smoothie and a walk around the neighborhood. One evening this week, some friends stopped by and I enjoyed a late evening stroll with them.

I've had an excellent week and have moved forward on several things. Next week holds the opportunities for several other things to move forward. I'm very excited.

So enjoy your Saturday. Take a walk. Embrace life. And just feel the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin