Monday, June 20, 2016

Motivation Monday: Think Simple

I know myself. I know that I too often get caught up in the long-term, big picture aspects of anything and everything. What happens when I do this?

Not much.

At all. 

So this week's Motivation Monday thought is..."Think Simple."

Download a free high-res version here.

How am I going to implement this? For one, I'm going to try to not think about things too much. When I have something on my to-do list, I'm going to remember that "hey, this isn't really that hard and doesn't take all that much time. Just do it."

I started trying to think this way yesterday, which happened to be Father's Day. Because I was trying to give Jake a bit of a break from some of his daily responsibilities at home, I had to actively pause before I asked him to do something. For example, I'd be feeding Emerson and need a burp cloth or his pacifier. Typically, I'll ask Jake to bring them to me. Instead I'd stop and realize that I could just as easily get those items myself. (Although, yes having a second set of hands can be very helpful.) 

I've mentioned recently that I kinda stink at making dinner or keeping up with housework. I definitely don't get the housewife of the year award, I'll tell you that. Part of my problem is that I think I need to have a meal plan, or that if I vacuum one section of my house I need to vacuum the whole thing. So instead of focusing on doing everything, I'm going to remember to think simple and be content with maybe just sweeping the entryway, putting away a handful of things that are out of place, or even heating up and preparing leftovers for dinner. 

Simple and done is way better than complicated and never finished. 

When it comes to my business, I'm focusing on the small chunks of time I have here and there. When I have time to finish up the invoice for one client, I'm going to do it. I don't need to find a bigger chunk to get all back end tasks done at once. Small steps of progress are still progress. And that's what I'm trying to focus on. 

What is one way you can try to "think simple" in your life?

Download the square high-res version here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin