Monday, June 13, 2016

Motivation Monday: How Many Daydreams Will You Make Come True?

I'll be honest; I did not know what I'd use for today's Motivation Monday until last night during my son's bedtime routine.  I had brainstormed ideas, pulled a few quotes and had even considered using a side project I'm working on for a church girl's camp (maybe next week!).

But after bath time and reading time, we have a last feeding time, during which I sing a few bedtime songs. I'm not much of a singer and am possibly worse at remembering lyrics, so I stick to the same few songs every night. One of those songs is from my youth attending girl's camp. The song is called "Misty's Song" and the lyrics are as follows.
How many daydreams will you make come true?

Tell me the reason I was born to roam,
Tell me the reason I am so far from home,
Tell me the reason only birds can fly,
Tell me the reason I was born just to die.

How many mountains will I have to climb,
How many memories will I leave behind,
How many daydreams will I make come true,
How many heartbreaks until I find you?

There is a valley called Peace of Mind,
There is a river running right by it's side,
There is a moment of Glory so new,
There is Eternity to spend loving you.

Last night as I sang the second verse, I was moved by the idea of daydreams. I thought about many of the things I have once hoped for, aspired for, and most importantly, worked for to make happen. I thought about my hopes now for the future and reveled in my personal knowledge that, yes, dreams can come true!
How many daydreams will you make come true?

I love that the lyric emphasizes that I, myself, am who makes things happen. I can't sit around and simply wait for my dreams to magically show up. I can put in the effort, make a plan, set things in motion, and focus on the progress I make day by day. That's how reaching dreams actually work.

So today I ask you to think about the daydreams you've seen come true in your life. How did you make those come true? Do you have new ones or ones you still hope to see unfold? How can you make them happen?

How many daydreams will YOU make come true?

Follow the links below if you're interested in download high-res versions of the images in this post. There is both an 8.5x11 option and an 8x8 option. Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin