Monday, June 6, 2016

Motivation Monday: Do What Makes You Happy

Welcome back to my resurrected Motivation Monday series!

I've kinda been on a "happy" kick, huh? (In case you missed my last posts, check out "A happy HAPPY life" and "Happy does not equal perfect.") I suppose I'm trying to capitalize on my current situation and adopt life practices that help me maintain that outlook and continue to feel this way, regardless of circumstance.

Thinking about the topic actually brings back a lot of thoughts from the book, "The Happiness Project." It's been YEARS since I read it, but I'm definitely going to pick up a copy and re-familiarize myself with it. Oh, plus I want to check out the author Gretchen Rubin's newer books "Happier at Home" and "Better Than Before."

In case you aren't familiar with the bestseller, "The Happiness Project" follows the author's journey through self evaluation and noticing some simple ways to capitalize on her happiness. (Yes, that is my own personal, very brief, and very generalized summary.)

I commented on some of my take away from the book in my post "Little Ways To Live a More Simple Life." 

Today's Motivation Monday quote, "Do What Makes You Happy," is a reminder to ME to continue to seek out those little things that make me happy. Most recently, I mentioned my goal to add more writing and designing into my everyday life. Those are both aspects of my career that I don't get to do on a day-to-day basis anymore, and I've missed them.


That said, I also what to add the reminder that the things YOU do to be happy might not be what anyone else would choose to do. And what someone else does might not make you happy. Incorporating this reminder requires you to know and accept yourself for who you are. (Which I think is a beautiful process!)

So take a minute to think about what makes you happy. What's one thing you could do to be a little happier today?


1 comment:

LinkWithin