Monday, September 8, 2014

Motivation Monday: Passion is Energy

Today's Motivation Monday comes to you from the one, the only, Oprah Winfrey.

P.S. The background is supposed to be white.
Download Passion is Energy jpg here. 
"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you."
I've been feeling the urge to reignite my passion, which is probably why I went searching for some great passion quotes. I have to thank Dave Kerpen, CEO of Likeable Media, for leading me to this Oprah quote via his article "15 Inspiring Quotes on Passion (Get Back to What You Love)" on Inc.com.

Even as I sit and just start write this post, I already feel the power and excitement Oprah speaks of. It's been a while since I've shared a formal post and, man, I have missed it. When I quit my full time job over a year ago, I started blogging more regularly again as a way to stay motivated, focused, and productive.

The past year has been a crazy one. I quit working full time, started teaching more and more Zumba/UJam classes, started pursuing more clients, moved several times, and met, dated, and married my husband Jake.

That whole getting married thing definitely required that I put some things on the back burner. I had to settle into my routine and focus on all the tasks I currently had. Eventually various tasks dropped off my permanent to-do list, but I've had a hard time reigniting the passion to continue doing more and aspiring for dreams bigger and better than I currently have.

I guess, in short, I've become stagnant. That is no good. I need to continue pushing myself. Doing so is actually pretty easy once I get going. For now, however, I need to go out of my way to surround myself by the ideas, environment, and motivation that gets my juices flowing. I need to focus on the things I love and the things that inspire me. I need to let go of the habits and circumstances that deflate that passion.

Question: What tips do you have for cultivating passion?
Side note: After watching this past season of "Last Comic Standing," I can't think of Oprah without thinking of this comedy bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin