Friday, July 18, 2014

My Name is Everywhere

It's official; I've changed my name. Introducing Mrs. Karianne Ortiz.

Social Security? Check. Driver's license? Check? W-2s, bank accounts, and social media accounts. Check, check, and check.

I never thought much about what is now my new last name. I didn't even make the Latin connection until people repeatedly ask me where the name came from. I guess I didn't even think about it...ever. (For the record, Jake is 1/2 Puerto Rican. While he doesn't look it, most of his siblings do.)

Since I've known Jake, I've slowly started to see more and more "Ortiz" around me. Baseball players. T.v. characters. Names on the news. Mutual friends.

Ortiz is everywhere! And I never even knew it.

My former name is rather unique. It's long and not common. So when I head to Google and type it in, most everything in the first 3-4 pages is about me.

Not the case with Karianne Ortiz. Ortiz is common enough, but we'll have to work on the presence of it combined with Karianne. I'd rather see stuff about me than random Facebook accounts with Photoshopped pictures of girls with huge butts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin