Thursday, July 10, 2014

Getting Back

The hardest part of getting back into something is the very first step.

You take two weeks off from the gym...the first time walking back into a class.
You have a disagreement with a friend...the first time talking to them again.

...picking up a book after you haven't read in months
...choosing carrots and salad over fast food
...spending time being productive rather than watching television.

For me, today, this post is my first step back into blogging.

I haven't even attempted to blog since the middle of March, but I can't tell you how many times I've turned down the urge to post because I've already missed so much, feel like I need an introduction back, or can't decide where to start.

Blogging is one outlet that allows me to express thoughts, share ideas, motivate productivity, and feel accomplished. My background in journalism continually motivates me to take ideas, experiences, and projects and present them to the world. I've been stifling that urge.

So tonight, 11:15 pm on a Thursday evening, I've taking the first step. Tomorrow (or the next day--I'm not making any promises), I'll take the second step, and it will be just a little easier.

Cheers—and here's to loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin