Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankful For November

November 1. Who can believe that? This morning I dragged myself out of bed to make it to my 9 a.m.  U-Jam class. I definitely gave props to the attendees who made it despite all the many festivities the night before and surely the extra bit of sweets consumed. (I'm thinking I need to go on a sugar-free cleanse for a couple weeks.)

In years past holidays and such always seem to sneak up on me. I may have all kinds of thoughts and desires and what I want to do to honor, celebrate, or even enjoy certain occasions.

I've been thinking about November and Thanksgiving quite a bit the past couple weeks. Perhaps this is because my entire family is gathering in Dallas and we are all planning and looking forward to that fun.

But I decided that I want to really embrace the spirit of Thanksgiving this year and write a daily thought of gratitude. I think this blog may be the best way to do that.

So here goes.

Nov. 1: I'm grateful for my job as an instructor at the Provo Recreation Center. I've mentioned it a lot over the past several months and my time there has really always been positive and motivating. I am a part of a team that I FEEL a part of. I love all of my fellow instructors, my boss (she is amazing), and the other people I get to work with. I love the facility, the people who attend my classes, and the opportunities offered to me.

But my gratitude extends beyond those things.

My getting a job as an instructor here actually played a large roll in my recent life decisions regarding quitting my job. I had been building up my Zumba income as a way to support myself in that decision. I jumped on a couple opportunities to teach classes during the day and simply had to move forward on my plans to leavey full-time position.

I couldn't have asked for a better situation. The Provo Rec feels like home (or as close as a fitness facility can). I'm grateful for the opportunity to work there.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin