Monday, November 4, 2013

Motivation Monday: Gratitude Unlocks the Fullness of Life

Welcome back to Motivation Monday. (Yes, I know I've been slacking here.) As I mentioned on Friday, I really want to take advantage of cultivating gratitude in my life this month. Usually I don't like things like this that may seem cliche (I still won't be posting it every day or on my Facebook page), but I've been feeling peaks of gratitude in my life a lot over the past several months, and I want to let this all out!

Today's quote is from Melody Beattie and reads as follows:

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

I really do feel very thankful for so many things in my life. And I love the outlook this quote provides on gratitude unlocking all the bounty I experience each and every day. I love the simple separation of past, present, and future, and how gratitude provides a vantage point to help us benefit from everything we have, are, and will have—emotionally, physically, spiritually, etc.

So this month I will strive to recognize my many blessings and how great of a life I have. I want to embrace that I have enough. I want to appreciate and accept where I am in life. I want to welcome order and clarity and embracing my current circumstances.

I want to enhance the gratitude in my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin