Thursday, October 3, 2013

This One Time...I worked at Build-a-Bear

When I was a junior in high school, I landed a job working at the one and only Build-a-Bear Workshop.

A brand new store was opening in the mall near where I lived in Virginia and I was one of the original staff brought on for the store opening. I remember the interview included a lot of personality questions and random things like asking what animal I think I would be. I'm fairly certain I said something about being a butterfly and something about being social and friendly.

I worked there for over a year, and I think one more Christmas break. It was a great job for me as a high school student and I still get a little nostalgic when I walk by a store.

These pictures are from our Bearacademy Awards Party when we celebrated being open for a year. In addition to my one year of service and "Great 'Be There'" recognition, I also got the "Most likely to become a Britney impersonator" award. Because, yes, when I was younger and very, very skinny,  people would often randomly tell me that I look like Britney Spears. (Like stop me in bathrooms or get people to take pictures of us together random.)  I've never seen the similarity.  :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin