Saturday, October 5, 2013

Oh Joy! It's General Conference Time!

Come listen to living prophets
Today marks the beginning of one of my favorite weekends of the year. It's time for General Conference of the LDS Church

General Conference takes place in four general sessions this weekend at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on each day. Feel free to follow along via social media as well using #ldsconf. 

Seriously, I love Conference so much. Part of it is the simple opportunity to just focus on church stuff for a couple days. I love getting together with family and friends and spending quality time with them. Then you add in the opportunity to listen to modern-day, living prophets share inspired messages that directly relate to me, to my life, and to my challenges and questions. 

One thing I'm excited to bring back is my word art designs featuring excerpts from the conference. Check out Oct. 2011, Oct. 2011 Part 2, April 2012,  I can't believe I didn't do this for last year's conferences AT ALL! Crazy. This year though...the results will be epic. Just wait. 

Oh, well I'm at it, I just wanted to share my post from this same day last year (Oct. 5, 2012). It was also the weekend before General Conference, sweater weather, Zumba highlights, etc. It made me smile...but then again, it is all about me. 

Have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin