Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Pregnancy Update: Week 26

Well, it seems like the last two weeks have been the most eventful as far as my pregnancy progress goes. I most definitely have a bump now.

I had my 24 week doctor's appointment, which was basically a routine checkup. Around that point, my bump was not so noticeable. People were still finding out I was pregnant and surprised. I'm definitely bigger than I was 6 months ago, but without a prominent bump, any growth would go unnoticed (not to mention so many people didn't know me 6 months ago).

In addition to my bump, I also have VISUAL movement. I experienced this for the first time yesterday afternoon and got Jake a show later in the evening. Just a little earthquake type movement across my still soft belly. Kinda crazy for me but I'm enjoying it and basically want to sit and stare down at a bare belly all day long just to catch the next set.

Until this point, all of the movement I've felt as been very low. Definitely well below the belly button, below any resemblance of a bump. But everything is moving upwards. It kinda seems random to all happen at one time, but now I'm getting most everything above/around the belly button.

And apparently this is my last week until I hit the trimester 3 mark. (Everywhere seems to have a different definition of when that starts but I'm just sticking with week 27.)

My pregnancy has continued to be very low maintenance with few symptoms. We'll see how we finish out...

Aside from all that fun stuff, I can't believe we have been in Pensacola almost five months. It seems like we just got here...I should probably officialyl unpack those last couple boxes stashed away in closets. We bought new bedroom furniture so I sold our old bed finally and someone is coming next week to pick it up. We basically have two rooms still operating as storage rooms (with Jake's desk set up in the side); so I'm hoping to clear stuff out and have some place to put baby stuff. Jake has had several more people from his graduating class join us in the last few days, and it's weird to be the veterans sharing our experience here so far.

I'm still trying to get used to my new schedule, or should I say lack of schedule. The job market in the area is pretty bare, even if I were looking to get a full-time job. I had hoped to build a fitness schedule and either continue more of my client business from home or find a part-time something...but again, the fitness opportunities are bare and part-time semi-communications related jobs are non-existent here. Not the area for PR I suppose. I am working from home still, teaching a couple classes, and trying to fill my schedule with other activities. But I have yet to find balance. One week I feel completely overwhelmed with everything I have (even though it is not much...at all). The next I feel like I have absolutely nothing to do (even though nothing has changed). It's just a mind set thing and I need to work on my ability to function effectively from home. (And yes, I definitely wonder if I am up for any sort of full-time stay-at-home mom gig.)

Anyways, that's about it for now. I'm going to go back to staring at my belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin