Thursday, March 12, 2015

So, I'm working at BYU

Guys.

Months.

It's been months.

I haven't been here in months.

I'm trying to figure out why.

Life has been super, super busy lately. That's probably a good reason why I haven't posted. But my life has been just as busy so many times before. Blogging and in essence writing have always served as a release and form of expression—something that I always need amid busyness and stress.

I have so much going on. So many fantastic great things. And I haven't taken (or had) the time to take a step back and evaluate, even appreciate, the day-to-day events here. I want to do that. I very often find myself itching for time to type and share. I too often brush that aside.

I last posted in October. A lot has happened since October.

Perhaps the biggest change in my life (and one I totally thought I had shared on this blog) is that I started working part time in another public relations position. I love the opportunities this new position has provided (and I know Jake has appreciated that the job gets me out of the house and interacting with others). The job kinda just fell into my lap and worked out so seamlessly. However, any excess downtime I had while working from home went out the window.

In this PR position with the BYU College of Humanities, I work at least 20 hours a week. This seemed like a great fit with my 8-10 fitness classes and business work. I pretty much am always working a full 40 hours/week but often go quite a bit over that when I have a higher work load for my business.

Even though I am busier than I'd prefer, I'm really thankful once again that I have always been super blessed in the career realm. I never, never have found myself needing a job and not being able to find one. (And I'm talking great jobs comparable to my experience and background.) When I accepted this part-time position, I wasn't in a place where I was really looking. But this position was a great fit and things just worked out. It's that simple. Even with Jake graduating and our pending move in (at the time) anywhere from 6-10 months after starting.

NOW we are less that two months from Jake's graduation and our move is right around the corner from that. I'll touch more on that later. For now, I'm satisfied touching in and am heading to bed. Yay.


1 comment:

  1. Don't ever assume people aren't checking in... lol! It's always so great to read your posts Kari!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin